What is this and how does this work? The OC Painting Experience is a creative entertainment agency and studio, bringing you the best in art entertainment! (Paint Parties) - in the studio we offer step-by-step painting instruction accompanied by a live DJ or live music. It's a great activity for all kinds of groups, small & large. To sign up, click "Painting Experience Schedule" or "Book a Party"
Is this just for kids? Although the Painting Experience is a fun activity for kids, it's actually more popular among adults!
Age policy? Our normal Painting Experiences are not appropriate for children under the age of 7 (with the exception of our kids camps and parties) - it's perfect for teens & up!
- Alcohol policy? We don't do alcohol in the studio - the Paint & Sip portion is something we incorporate at our partnered venues.
- What should I wear? We have aprons but still recommend wearing something you wouldn't mind getting dirty or stained.
- What does the fee cover? Our fee covers set up and clean up, all materials, step-by-step instruction & musical entertainment.
- I'm meeting friends, may we sit together? Absolutely! Please just let us know at your earliest convenience so we can set up your spots next to each other.
- Do I need to come with a group or do some folks come alone? To join in with a Pick your Painting Experience, you can come solo, or with just one or 2 other friends, but to book your own party or reservation, you should have at least 4 or more in your group.
- What is the minimum amount of attendees required? For booking on a day that says "Book your group or event today", you should have at least 4 or more in your group. Also, for Pick your Painting events, there need to be at least 4 painters pre-registered for the event to continue as scheduled.
- What do we need to provide at the event? Bring yourself with a good attitude, ready to have fun! We provide all of the materials. Feel free to bring something to munch on or a covered beverage.
- By when should I book my event? You should always plan on booking a Painting Experience as soon as conveniently possible, to make sure your desired spot doesn't get taken, as our reservation process is first-come-first-serve.
- Is there a deposit to book? All registrations include pre-payment, but for booking private parties, the initial $100 is required as a deposit to reserve the date & time. The remaining balance based on headcount is due before the party.
- May we pay at the party? We require our events to be paid in advance.
- How do we pay? You can pay ahead via our website, via email invoice, over the phone, or by coming into the studio during our studio hours.
- Is gratuity included? No, gratuity is not included, so you may tip your artists/musicians if you'd like!
- What supplies exactly do you provide? We provide all of the paints, brushes, water cups, rags, pallets, canvases, easels, table coverings, step-by-step instruction & musical entertainment.
- How long does the event last? Painting Experiences take an average of 2 hours to complete.
- How do fundraisers work? First, fill out a booking form or contact us to get your event scheduled. Your event can be at our studio or at a venue of your choice. Painters register through our website and we will donate the raised funds to your organization on the day of the event. (We also have the option of selling you a bulk bundle of tickets that you can resell at your discretion - ask us about this if you're interested!)
- Do your artists pack extra supplies just in case? No, which is why it's important to register in advance.
- Do you provide wine? No.
- Who are your artists? We are currently in the process of growing our team, but our artists are not only professional, but also fun, patient and willing to help you!
- Now that I've booked, what else do I need to do? Get ready for a fun time! If you have any questions, let us know. Our customer service reps are ready to help!
- What happens if we need to cancel an event? If you need to cancel an event, we will first try to reschedule, and if that doesn't work, we will issue you credit for any spots that were already paid for. We do not issue refunds.
- Are some paintings more difficult than others? Some might be more intricate, but not necessarily more difficult.
- What is the custom painting option? With booking private parties, you have the option of having us come up with a new painting that is unique to your group. For example, we can incorporate team logos, etc.
- Is there an age limit for joining a party? For "regular" Painting Experiences, kids under 7 will not be able to follow along appropriately. For questions, or to book a party for a child under 7, please contact us.
- Do I need to have any artistic skill to participate in a paint party? Absolutely not, and please don't let that intimidate you. Every day, we hear "I can't even draw a stick figure", or "I don't have an artistic bone in my body", and that's why we're here! Our professionals promise it will be easy and super fun!